Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Is your heart really where your time is spent?

On numerous occassions lately I have heard people state that your treasure is where your heart is or your heart lies where you spend your time and I totally agree in most instances with these statements, but so often I find myself doing things which I wish I didn't have to and yet they are done because they are required. I mean who ever said to themselves "yes today I am going to clean the toilet because I love to do it!" If you have please see your nearest health professional, it's just not right! The general notion though of having something so important to you that your heart and time are entwined with it is not a new one infact it has been the basis of most romance novels and movies for years. The less commercially attractive but equally realistic version of this would also be your family and friendships as I am sure most of us would prefer to spend time with our nearest and dearest more often than we do, for most of us this is not a chore but a joy. Sometime I guess we do these things that we don't want to for those people in our lives we care about and other times maybe we should just learn to say the big NO! On the weekend a very wise young man talked to us about our idols, not the crazy gem encrusted things from tv but the things that take our time and efforts away from what should be our main focus. Things like our jobs, sports,shopping, clubs, t.v, facebook, internet etc Each of these things can distract and take us away from the more important roles in our lives which for me is my faith in God, my family, my friends and my writing. For you it maybe different things but the model still remains the same. If we let distraction and the love of these lesser things become more important maybe even enough to take over; then those we love and eventually ourselves are the ones that will suffer for it. If you get the chance to check out the preach Brian Sumners Sunday 30th October at Nowra City Church it rocked! For me it's all about perspective as a Christian, wife, mother, daughter, friend and writer. As long as I keep my perspective of what is really important in my life then I should be just fine, hope you can all do the same too; just imagine what a fabulous world that would be. Have a wonderful Day! Isobial :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to ask questions or make a comment.